Grant Enfinger -- Talladega Superspeedway Preview
Chatting with Grant Enfinger... On Talladega Superspeedway being an elimination race…
“I wasn’t a big fan of it until I sat there and watched the Cup cutoff race at Daytona (International Speedway). I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, seeing if Jimmie Johnson was going to make it in and what was going to happen. From an entertainment standpoint, from a fan’s standpoint, it is awesome. From a competitor’s standpoint, it’s terrible. This is going to be a stressful race. Even though we’re going in with a bit of a cushion, anything can happen.”
News and Notes:
· Elimination Race…Talladega Superspeedway, an unexpected wild-card race, will play host to Saturday’s NASCAR Gander RV & Outdoors Truck Series Round of 10 elimination race. The Alabama track, which is known for it’s high banks and speed, will also determine the Round of 8, which kicks off at Kansas Speedway on October 17. Grant Enfinger, driver of the No. 98 Champion Power Equipment/Curb Records Ford F-150 is seeded fourth in the standings, safe by 31 points, heading into the 15th annual event.
· Home Track Hero… A native of Fairhope, Alabama, Grant Enfinger looks to add a second win at his home track, and his sixth career Gander Trucks victory, to his resume in his own backyard in Saturday’s 94-lap event at Talladega Superspeedway. Enfinger, who has 12 starts at the track across both the ARCA Menards Series (six) and Gander Truck Series (six), has accumulated one win (2016, Gander Trucks), one pole (2014, ARCA), three top-five and six top-10 finishes, leading 185 laps in both series.
· This Week's No. 98 Champion Power Equipment/Curb Records Ford F-150... The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 60 for Saturday’s Gander Trucks race at Talladega Superspeedway. This is the same chassis Enfinger piloted to victory lane at Daytona International Speedway earlier this season.
· Music To Our Ears… Two-time GRAMMY® award-winning Australian duo, for KING & COUNTRY, comprised of brothers Joel & Luke Smallbone, will make their debut on the No. 98 Ford at Talladega Superspeedway, on Saturday. The duo recently released their much anticipated third studio album, Burn the Ships, a sweeping musical landscape that explores themes of new beginnings, forgiveness, hope, and love. To preview the single, Joy, visit: Curb.com.
· 2020 Stats… In 18 starts this season, Enfinger has led 104 laps en route to three wins (Daytona, Atlanta and Richmond), six top-five and 11 top-10 finishes, with an average finish of 9.8.
· Career Stats… In 101 series starts, Enfinger has six poles and has led 678 laps en route to five wins, 34 top-five and 64 top-10 finishes.
Take Me Back – Las Vegas… Enfinger started third, based on a performance-based metric, finished fourth in Stage 1, 11th in Stage 2 and sixth in the World of Westgate 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Ford Fact… Ford powered F-150's have found victory lane 104 times since 1995 in the Gander Truck Series including a 2006 win at Talladega Superspeedway with Mark Martin.
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 4th
Owner Point Standings: 4th
Spotter: Chris Lambert
Talladega Superspeedway Starting Position: 4th